Technical & Service Manager Tooling (F/M)
- WE ARE HIRING
- Technical & Service Manager Tooling (F/M)
- Bangalore, INDIA
DEDIENNE AEROSPACE, is a world leader in the design, manufacture and maintenance of aeronautical tooling.
For more than 50 years, our products have demonstrated our expertise, quality of service and technique, all at the cutting edge of industrial performance, in order to provide maximum satisfaction to our customers (aircraft manufacturers, engine manufacturers, firms, MRO companies, leasers, and others).
DEDIENNE AEROSPACE is an international company that operates on every continent and close to its customers, ensuring proximity and a high-quality after-sales service in locations such as Miami, Cincinnati, Querétaro, Dubai, Singapore, Zhuhai, the UK, Qatar, France, Mexico, India, and elsewhere.
The diverse range of licences acquired (e.g. with manufacturers of engines, aircraft and equipment), as well as our partnerships with Original Equipment Manufacturers, enable us to position ourselves on the market with strength and credibility and guarantee our sustainable growth.
Our employees, with their variety of cultural backgrounds and nationalities, are our biggest asset, and actively participate in dynamic, ambitious projects with robust values advocated by the company: working in a company of moderate size yet operating on an international scale, while gearing each project towards one objective – customer satisfaction.
If you are dynamic, relish a challenge and enjoy working in a multicultural and international environment, join us !
Under the responsibility of General Manger, Technical /Service Manager position providing support for programs and services globally to Sales, Sourcing and customers as needed. Manage the service Engineer dedicated to performing maintenance, testing, and delivering of GSE/GHE tooling to customer within the target time.
The TSM plays a key role in the team’s consultative selling approach to its customers by assessing the customer’s maintenance capability, vendors manufacturing capability, current tooling inventory availability for re-purposing / re-use, local maintenance practices, shop load forecast and level of desired maintenance to prepare a detailed recommendation to meet their Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and tooling needs for Civil and Defence Programmes.
You will not only need to be an inspiring people manager but also a skilled engineer with technical depth and intuition. You will look to set a bold technical direction, leading the team to solve ambitious manufacturing challenges by implementing ground-breaking manufacturing technology. This includes developing new tool maintenance systems and processes that will enable your team to accomplish these goals with consistency and quality
Direct responsibility extends from campaign launch to campaign fulfilment (tool delivery/entry into service).
• Collect all the necessary technical data’s for launching the new tooling requirement for Civil and Défense Programmes.
• Analyse and validate the scope of tool before launching with the supplier.
• Conduct Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) design change reviews in direct contact with the Engineering Department, versus open orders and as applicable versus shipped orders and provide relevant technical disposition to/for the customer and Suppliers.
• Give manufacturing and DFM inputs to Design Engineers for the optimisation product design.
• Be the tooling focal interface within various OEM Support Equipment Design and Engineering (SEE) organizations and Customer & Product Support organizations for the assigned civil or defence programs.
• Resolve customer and supplier GSE and tooling technical related questions on blueprints and specifications by technical interpretation.
• Technical support activities will be related to tool usage, Testing and operation, maintenance, and storage of tools in alignment with the OEM databases and supporting Engine Manuals and other technical documents.
• When opportunities/conflicts are discovered, effectively communicate, and resolve with applicable OEM organizations and other relevant team members.
• Support the Sourcing organization in vendor identification and vendor development for the development of Civil and Défense tooling.
• Support/Influence new product development and product design improvements within the OEM organisation.
• Always prepared to support sales campaigns, evaluate and setup facilities and conduct other customer needed services, including but not limited to GSE and tooling training.
• Provide Engineering team with new idea for design improvement thereby optimise the purchase/production cost of the tooling.
• Develop/Maintain general and customized work scope of tooling lists for assigned Civil/Défense Programmes programs according to customer requirements.
• Ensure that all processes are carried out as per the Aircraft Maintenance Organisation (AMO)
• Launch discuss with service providers when external equipment and services are required
• Managing data and actual availability of GSE and Tooling within the organisation and with the suppliers.
• Periodic Visit of customer place site to understand the problem and to check for new requirements and built and a strong connection with them.
• Liaise and correspond with customers, OEMs and vendors on technical and administrative matters relating to the management of Tooling and GSE as necessary
• Analyse and action unserviceable TGSE and develop repair and/or maintenance plans as necessary to maintain serviceable status
• Provide single point of contact for all TGSE maintenance, facilities, and repair issues across the business.
• Identify opportunities for optimisation of TGSE maintenance programs with respect to relative costs, lead times and risk.
• Manage /Monitor the service engineers, to ensure the service is being done by meeting the test requirements and fulfilling the standards and ensure that the tools are serviceable after maintenance, and the customer is happy.
• Report on tooling priorities, timelines, and roadblocks to head of dept.
• Closely work with Sourcing team and support them to source special components and BOPs for the quickest service of tools
Be able to demonstrate an in-depth working knowledge and experience of GSE and tooling for Airbus, Boeing, GE/CFM and/RR and its Architecture, Systems, Components, Processes and Operations.
• Min 4-year technical degree or 7+ years of progressive experience with GSE and tooling.
• Strong project management, planning, organizational, leadership, oral and written communication skills.
• Be able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
• Have good attention to detail and accuracy.
• Good enthusiasm to work in a dynamic environment.
• Good level knowledge about Engineering mechanics, mechanical process, production method.
• Must be able to read and interpret all OEM tooling blueprints and specifications.
• Read, understand, and translate into current configuration, all OEM requirements for GSE and GHE tooling for Civil and Défense Market.
• Base knowledge of Gas Turbine Engine and its working will be an added advantage.
• Should have good skill in understating and interpreting of Technical and Maintenance publications, service bulletins, drawings, models, and process sheets.
• Ability to multi-task (simultaneous diverse customer activity), combined with a demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
• Computer literate in MS-Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and ERP systems Knowledge of systems, (Pneumatic/Hydraulic/Electrical systems/components, control systems, support frames/structures, and/or lifting fixtures).
• Ability to prioritize work, setting and maintaining schedules and budgets to ensure project completion
• Proven record of successful project completion.
• Experience with CATIA, NX, Ansys, are advantage
• Articulate and effective communicator with the ability to influence others through the employment of sound judgment and good sense rather than the use of authority.
• Should have good knowledge about quality system and quality validation.
• Knowledge of 3D Software like ProE,,Catia V5 R22 ,FEA Analysis using (Ansys,Hypermesh 2017 /Nastran 2013 etc) is highly useful.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of Electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic components and schematic diagrams are advantage.
• Good Knowledge of tool and equipment commissioning, testing, qualification, and maintenance
- Bangalore, INDIA
As soon as possible